Writers Clubs and Organizations can be beneficial in your writing pursuit.
Once you become interested in writing a book – perhaps ‘composing’ is a better adjective – read through this article. With the spice of thought before hindsight, review the list below for choice books of assistance, especially if you’re thinking of self-publishing. There are proper ways and not so proper ways when completing a majestic work, a piece of art…your book. In brief, writing as a career or a hobby can be a dauntless, unending, yet win-win, task-to-goal.
Books About Publishing and Publicity
- “The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers, CMS is the standard style guide for U.S. books. There are nifty sections on Bookmaking (the different parts of a book and their content, rights and permissions, more), Style (punctuation, how to handle foreign words and quotations, more), and Production and Printing. www.chicagomanualofstyle.org.
- The Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Bookby Dan Poynter, www.parapublishing.com.
- The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know to Write, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Own Bookby Tom Ross & Marilyn J. Ross.
- How to Publish and Promote Online by M. J. Rose & Angela Adair-Hoy.
- 1001 Ways to Market Your Books: For Authors and Publishers by John Kremer, www.bookmarket.com
- Guerrilla Marketing for Writers: 100 Weapons to Help You Sell Your Work by Jay Conrad Levinson, Rick Frishman, Michael Larsen.
- Jumpstart Your Book Sales: A Money-Making Guide for Authors, Independent Publishers and Small Presses by Tom Ross & Marilyn J. Ross.
- The Publishing Game: Find an Agent in 30 Days, Publish a Book in 30 Days, Bestseller in 30 Daysby Fern Reiss, www.publishinggame.comReturn to top.”
This particular quote is from the Northern California Publishers & Authors (NCPA) website: www.NORCALl.org. If you happen to surf on over there, your introduction to this particular organization will be inviting. I have been an active member of this one for three years. Before this, my membership and visitations to one club or another was dispersed through 15 years. During this time, I have had five books published. Pretty cool, right?
In conclusion, look for resources into writing projects. People are the best resource. Ask questions. Ask for guidance. Be patient with yourself as you learn updated techniques and grow brain cells, lol.
Tell me what you think? Which book and/or author did you choose? Share what you know about writing. 🙂
Best regards… #buckroth