Words, Words, Words and…New Words!

Unfamiliar to me until recently, the following three words I need to share with you. I truly hope you find them interesting. I did not come up with them or accidentally find them in one of my many books. However, the terms are new to me. They were shared with me through being a member of the well-established Northern California Writers and Publishers organization. I share them with you here:

o   “HEDERA – The hedera is a lovely piece of punctuation primarily found in early Latin and Greek texts. Its purpose was to signify a break between paragraphs, as well as to look nice upon the page. Also known by some as a fleuron, the mark had a strictly ornamental use, perhaps the reason for its extinction.” https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=p1ayXpiIN4W-sAWX77_gCQ&q=what+is+a+hetera+punctuation&oq=what+is+a+hetera&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAEyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBAgAEAoyBAgAEAoyAggAMgQIABAKMgQIABAKOgIIKToGCCkQDRAeOgUIKRCDAToGCCkQFhAeOgUIKRCgAToFCAAQgwE6BAgpEA06BwgAEEYQ-QFQ4xRY1U9gjWVoAXAAeACAAXKIAbQNkgEDOC45mAEAoAEBsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

o  FLEURON – The typographic element (), used as a punctuation mark or for decoration.” https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fleuron

o  INTERROBANG – The interrobang, also known as the interabang, is a non-standard punctuation mark used in various written languages and intended to combine the functions of the question mark, or interrogative point, and the exclamation mark, or exclamation point, known in the jargon of printers and programmers as a “bang””. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=What+is+an+interobang%3Fo

Interesting, right? I thought so!

Just sharin’…#buckroth